Sunday, April 15, 2012

No.1 (in computics) in my neighborhood

The other day, I took a walk alone from my working place in a lunch time. It took only 10 minutes for so to reach another branch of RIKEN with which I am affiliated, namely RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS). This center hosts the world's fastest supercomputer (as of November 2011 - see the ranking). Both this center and my working place as well as many other institutes, university campus and biomedical companies are located on an artificial island, called Port Island. To be honest, the main purpose of my walk on the day was to look for any nice restaurant or canteen because that is always the issue in our life on the artificial industrial island. Unfortunately, mission not really completed.

Heading for north from the area with RIKEN AICS. This promenade with cherry blossom tree is really attractive, with all concrete.